Values and Ethos
Our Vision and Values
“Life in All its Fullness”
I have come so that you may have life – life in all it’s fullness. (John 10:10)
With Christian values at the heart of what we do at Bickerton, we nurture our school community to live an abundant life. Bickerton embraces the needs of all our children who are encouraged daily to be the best they can be and to embrace new opportunities and actively explore the world around them. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
At Bickerton Holy Trinity Primary we aim to:
- Create a safe, nurturing environment that allows everyone to grow spiritually, morally, and socially.
- Promote an ethos of love and respect that celebrates and values others.
- Provide an exciting curriculum offer which develops, celebrates, and challenges the potential of each child. A curriculum that explores and opens new doors to unlock interest, enthusiasm, and talent.
- Develop a successful and lasting relationship between home, school, the Church, and our wider community.
- Develop citizens living for today, ready for the future.
Our Principles – At Bickerton Holy Trinity Primary School are that we:
- Keep the child at the heart of everything we do.
- Value and respect everyone.
- Embrace challenges and show resilience
- Work collaboratively and supportively
We pride ourselves on being a welcoming Church of England school that hold our Christian Values at our core. We live out our Christian values daily by building upon our character strengths.
Love and Kindness – “We love because he first loved us.” 1 John 4:19
Bravery and courage “Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9
Teamwork – “Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labour. For if either of them falls, the one will lift up his companion.” Ecclesiastes 4:9
Friendship – “A friend loves at all times.” Proverbs 17:17
Exploring and Learning/ Wisdom - For with God nothing shall be impossible. Luke 1:37
Honesty – Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God. (Matthew 5:8)
By living out our Christian Values we help to grow our character strengths. We allow ourselves to live life, live life in all its fullness.